Mandrake 8.0 installation freeze

Post by Steve Bradtk » Mon, 30 Apr 2001 04:06:55

Installation of 8.0 seems to proceed smoothly until I get a
message about drinking eggs and welcome to linux
mandrake. Then the system completely freezes. If I try
installing in expert mode, I can get it to ask about desired
installation mode, but it freezes after I tell it to use the
cdrom.  I had no problems at all installing 7.2 on the same
system. I`m using an Abit VP6 dual processor motherboard,
with 2 P-III 800`s, 3 HDD`s (windows installed on 1), a
cdrom, and a cd-rw.  Using an SB Live sound card, and an
Asus AGP-7100 graphics card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

1. Mandrake 8.0 installation freeze

Installation of 8.0 seems to proceed smoothly until I get a
message about drinking eggs and welcome to linux
mandrake. Then the system completely freezes. If I try
installing in expert mode, I can get it to ask about desired
installation mode, but it freezes after I tell it to use the
cdrom.  I had no problems at all installing 7.2 on the same
system. I`m using an Abit VP6 dual processor motherboard,
with 2 P-III 800`s, 3 HDD`s (windows installed on 1), a
cdrom, and a cd-rw.  Using an SB Live sound card, and an
Asus AGP-7100 graphics card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

2. Strange Problem, Need Help!

3. Install freeze on RH 7.1 and Mandrake 8.0

4. Printing on Novell Netware Printer?

5. write permission to WIn partitions

6. Mandrake 8.0 freezing with DMA problems, please help!

7. Excessive Swap file access?

8. Mandrake 8.0 install freeze

9. Install freeze for RH 7.1 and Mandrake 8.0

10. Install freezes on RH 7.1 and Mandrake 8.0

11. Mandrake 8.0 keeps freezing and rpmDrake problem, please help!

12. Redhat 8.0 setup freezing during package installation