How to use voice modem as hands-free phone.

How to use voice modem as hands-free phone.

Post by Antoni Lacasta i Sul » Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:48:03

I have an external 33600 SupraExpress voice-fax modem attached to my
Linux box, and I would like to use it as hands-free set. The modem has
a microphone input and an "audio" output, it seemed so easy that I
decided to try out. I dial with kermit and I'm able to listen to the
dialing tones, also the the voice of guy who I'm phoning but it seems
that the microphone part is not working. Does anyone figure out why ?
Is there any software able to set the modem in voice mode (if this is
the problem) and dial or vice-versa ? Kermit does the job but is far
from comfortable.
Thanks,
Toni.

1. How to use voice modem as hands-free phone.

I have an external 33600 SupraExpress voice-fax modem attached to my
Linux box, and I would like to use it as hands-free set. The modem has
a microphone input and an "audio" output, it seemed so easy that I
decided to try out. I dial with kermit and I'm able to listen to the
dialing tones, also the the voice of guy who I'm phoning but it seems
that the microphone part is not working. Does anyone figure out why ?
Is there any software able to set the modem in voice mode (if this is
the problem) and dial or vice-versa ? Kermit does the job but is far
from comfortable.
Thanks,
Toni.

2. RE syslogd question

3. hands-free custom jumpstart over net?

4. Files rename

5. Hands-free install of linux

6. power on self test

7. Voice Modem Query: Can I use it as a phone?

8. Intel-PC serial console (was: Configure a Headless Sun Server?)

9. phone calls with voice modem

10. Phone Blaster / Voice Modem Software

11. send voice message to mobile phone via modem

12. Free Voice Mail modem support program ?

13. Voice Modem Voice Mail Suggestion