All-in-One Machines with Linux?

Post by Barry L. Bo » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Greetings!

     I'm wondering what the current status of Linux's ability to drive
All-in-one machines (copiers/faxers/printers/scanners) is?

     I have a Red Hat 6.0 Linux system, and I'm considering the possibility
of getting an All-in-one machine.

     Is anybody using one?

     At this time, I'll be interested in the ability to fax, copy and
sometimes print, mostly.  (I may get more interested in the scanner later.)

     Also, since the vast majority of what I want done is fine for black and
white, would it be better to get a black and white one, and a separate, cheap
color printer for the occasional color printing I may want?  (I've heard that
black and white ones are better...)

     If I haven't provided some information which would be helpful, please
just ask me, and I'll gladly provide it!

     Thank you!

     Barry
--
Barry L. Bond, Software Engineer            | Barry L. Bond

72235,1530 (CIS)               <- personal  | KSC, FL  32899

All-in-One Machines with Linux?

Post by Donaldson Lukos » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Try  http://hpoj.bstc.net/suplist.html.  I am using a HPOJ 635 and  only
printing is going under redhat 6.1 for me .
There is a beta driver http://hpoj.bstc.net/download.html but you will need a
meta object compiler to compile it.

I haven't got much far  with it as my HPOJ635 as a color printer is fine on
linux 6.1 and I switch back to NT if I need to scan
or fax out
rgds
donaldson