Unable to Install Red Hat 4.0 from Mitsumi 2X CD ROM

Unable to Install Red Hat 4.0 from Mitsumi 2X CD ROM

Post by Ratnam Pirapakara » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Red Hat 4.0 Installation Problem from a Mitsumi Double Speed CD ROM
DRIVE.

I went to the DOS mode , tried to install RED HAT 4.0 from my Mitsumi 2X
CD ROM .
1) cd D:\dosutils\autoboot  ( my CD ROM Drive is D:\ )
It went through the process without any problem, when it get to
selecting CD ROM to install Linux , it can not identify my CD ROM.

I tried mcd=0X340, 10   it did not help. It simply said, it could not
find the device. I tried several times, no luck

Later I copy the files in the  RED HAT CD to my harddisk ( 600 MB ),and
made two floppy disks: 1) Boot disk 2) Supplemental disk  . I was able
to install Red Hat 4.0

Now I had the problem in running XFREE86_3.2, My video card Diamond
stealth 3D 2000 is not supported. So I have to move XFREE86_3.3. I have
already downloaded it from the NET. It is in my DOS partition , how do I
move it from DOS partition to Linux partition. I tried everything to
mount my dos drive, I simply can't see it.

Please help me.

Unable to Install Red Hat 4.0  from Mitsumi 2X CD ROM

1. Unable to Install Red Hat 4.0 from Mitsumi 2X CD ROM

[...]

2. Linus NAT as firewall.

3. Zip Drive error by Systemcoreloading

4. Linux PPP Frequently Asked Questions (repost)

5. Red Hat 7.1 install, Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM woes

6. 1 * kJSggwkbx-owned symbolic links?

7. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

8. Install Prob: Redhat 7: Mitsumi 2X FX-001D CD-ROM Drive

9. Another nightmare trying to install a 2X MITSUMI CD-ROM Drive!!!

10. Sony 33A CD-ROM with Red Hat 4.0

11. Red Hat 4.0 and Sony CSD-760E CD-Rom