Compaq DPW Workstation

Post by use.. » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I recently intended to get a Microway Screamer as a web server for my
Intranet, however it was virtually impossible to find a reseller and/or
support for it in Czech Republic. As an alternative, I have been offered
a Compaq DPW Workstation (a-Series 500a) at about $3,500.  According to
the guy at Compaq, the workstation is powered by Alpha 21164/500 Mhz, it
comes with an integrated Ultra SCSI interface, it can hold a total of
four SCSI disks and 1,5GB RAM in six SDRAM DIMM slots.

Does anybody have any experience, tips or guesses concerning Linux
performance on this workstation?