TEAC CD 55A with TEAC 16bit card -- Help

TEAC CD 55A with TEAC 16bit card -- Help

Post by Harvey G. Jon » Sun, 10 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten a Teac CD-55A drive (proprietary interface)
to work?  I have it hooked up with Teac's own 16-bit ISA interface
card.

This card works well with Windows 95 at address 0X0300H but is not
seen by sbpcd driver.

HELP   HELP

I am using Slackware 2.X.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

HGJ

1. Need sbpcd.h & sbpcd.c setup for TEAC CD-55A using TEAC interface card!

        I just installed linux on my system, and I'm having the usual
difficulties setting up my system. I compiled a new kernel (1.2.9) in hopes
of correcting the problem, but that got me nowhere with respect to my CD-ROM.

        If I include support for the sbpcd in the config, the system can find
the drive but it hangs after trying to set /dev/hdb1 and simply stops. I've
tried setting the card address (0x320,0) in the lilo line (sbpcd=0x320,0)
which shortens the search time but does nothing else. Without sbpcd support,
the system boots fine (except for the tape drive support, which I'm still
working on).

        If anyone has a copy of sbpcd.h and sbpcd.c configured for this
combination that they could send via email, it would be greatly appreciated.

--

       Department of Social Sciences =*= Jackson Community College
       73 de KE8HH =*= Finger either address for my pgp public key

2. Two questions

3. Teac Cd 55a and Teac Card

4. 0.96a+ SCSI problems

5. Need name of driver for TEAC CD-55A 16bit ISA interface card.

6. Any cross-compiler for 8051?

7. Teac 55A with Teac 16-bit Interface

8. 1506-286: (E) Error message in set 12, unable to retrieve message 22.

9. Help with Teac 6x -- Teac CD-56E

10. Teac CD-55A card ( can I delete dos)

11. TEAC CD-55A CD-ROM driver????

12. Cd-Rom Teac CD 55A

13. X11 Cd-player for Teac CD-55A?