ATAPI 250MB ZIP and IDE-SCSI Emulation HELP!

ATAPI 250MB ZIP and IDE-SCSI Emulation HELP!

Post by Brian Bennet » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

If any one has any information on how to configure an internal atapi
Iomega ZIP drive, PLEASE help. I have heard that I must compile the
kernel without IDE-FLOPPY and with IDE-SCSI. That I did and I am abel to
mount the zip on /dev/sda4. I can read and write to it and even umount
the dev.

I JUST CANT EJECT IT. It is driving me batty!

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

1. ide-scsi emulation for ATAPI cd writing problem

Hello,
    I am trying to get CD writing to work properly under Linux and I am
having some problems.  I know you have to use scsi emulation so I
recompiled my kernel without IDE ATAPI CD support and with both
generic scsi, and scsi CD modules.  However when I try to load the
scsi modules I get the following message:

scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
scsi : 1 host.
Vendor: MITSUMI   Model: CR-2801TE         Rev: 1.07
Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
scsi0 channel 0 : resetting for second half of retries.
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
aborting command due to timeout : pid 2,
scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 1 Request Sense 20 00 00 10 00

Then the window freezes and I can only kill the process.  If I do
a lsmod the scsi-ide module is loaded but unitialized.  I am running
kernel 2.2.1 with Redhat 5.1 with a Mitsumi 2801 CDR.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ryan

2. telnet access

3. ide-scsi, cdrw, ATAPI ZIP and kernel

4. Drag and drop gnome question.

5. SCSI Emulation with ATAPI Zip drive?

6. Posix Msg Q's - mq_send

7. Any experience of external scsi 250MB zip *not* at end of scsi-2 chain?

8. Still problems with Maxtor disk 8-((

9. ATAPI burner and IDE SCSI emulation

10. Problem with ATAPI-IDE SCSI emulation for cd burning

11. 250MB ATAPI Zip?

12. SCSI card and ide-scsi emulation: should they work together?

13. SCSI controler and ide-scsi emulation