Sound config RedHat 7.1

Post by silentcossac » Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:18:54

I have RedHat 7.1. Everything is working great except for the sound. I have
a Sound Blaster AWE64 PnP. sndconfig was not installed for some reason so i
had to install the rpm's myself. Now, when i run sndconfig, it recognizes
my plug and play card, but then gives me the error.

The following error occurred running the modprobe program:

        ? /lib/modules/2.4.3-12/kernel/drivers/sound/sb.o:
        ? init_module: No such device
        ? /lib/modules/2.4.3-12/kernel/drivers/sound/sb.o: insmod
        ? /lib/modules/2.4.3-12/kernel/drivers/sound/sb.o failed
        ? /lib/modules/2.4.3-12/kernel/drivers/sound/sb.o: insmod
        ? sound-slot-0 failed

I've see a lot of people state this problem on the web, and I haven't found
a solution yet. I'm really hoping some one will take the time to help me
out.

thanks,
                        silentcossack

1. Samba config on Redhat 7.1 Server config issues?

I'm a "newbie" when it comes to Linux and Samba, but have worked with
NetWare and NT for years.  I'am setting up a Linux Server for a friend for
his business as my first venture into the Open Source "market" (though I
plan on doing more) and whould appriciate any help on my configuration.

The problem is the Win 98 machines "see" the server in the network
nieghborhood but when a connection is tryed by clicking on it and a password
is entered I get a password incorrect, try again error.  I have tried to
update the password on the Linux box and still after syncing and even
restarting the samba I get the ame error.  I know both user name and
password are case sensitive.  The .log files show no clue,  so I believe the
problem lies in the passwd file or sync there of, but being new with this I
don't really know where to go from here or even if that is the right
direction.  ;)

Thanks,
Rick

The smb.conf is as follows:

[global]
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   domain master = yes
   encrypt password = yes
   short preserve case = no
   wins support = true
   max log size = 1000
   debug level = 3
   preserve case = no
   security = user
   ssl ca certfile = /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
   unix password sync = Yes
   local master = yes
   workgroup = TRITON
   server string = Samba for Triton Insurance
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   netbios name = TRITONFS01
   guest account = guest
   os level = 65
   default = global
   default case = lower

[Homes]
   path = /home/%u
   writable = yes
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   create mode = 0750

[Applications]
   path = /home/Shared/Applications
   writable = yes

   comment = Public Application Files
   public = yes

[Documents]
   path = /home/Shared/Documents
   writable = yes

   comment = Public Document Files
   public = yes

2. Linux on P166 with 700MB HD, which distro?

3. RHL 7.1 Sound Config

4. ohci-hcd Oops on Alpha 2.5.44

5. dell 2550 redhat 7.1 kernel build .config

6. Help! X freezes when startx

7. X config problems with RedHat 7.1 on Compaq Armada 1560DM

8. 'Sharing' HP660Cse on a LAN w/W95

9. RedHat 7.1 which XF86 config is being used??

10. How to config Network interface in Redhat 7.1 ??

11. sound problem with Redhat 7.1

12. Redhat 7.1 No cd sound - Help Please

13. Sound Driver For Thinkpad A30 w/RedHat 7.1