LOoking for Advice on a NEW graphics card!!!!!!!

LOoking for Advice on a NEW graphics card!!!!!!!

Post by BEN LINTON W LINTO » Mon, 22 Feb 1999 04:00:00

hiya, i am building a new computer and was just wondering what is a good
graphics card to use.  i will use AGP.

right now, i run a viper v550 on my win98 box.  it is nice and every thing
but i have heard that it doesnt mix with linux to well.  (it is new and not
very supported yet)

i am looking for a fast and hassle-free card.  please tell me how your card
runs and how easy it was to config.  any card will do... voodoo...
diamond... whatever floats yer boats.

thanks a pile ~ben

or go to http://auctions.yahoo.com/auction/3005730 to check out my top notch
Tiger System!!!  dont miss out.

1. New Graphics card - advice needed

Hi

I've just got myself a nice, new Iiyama 15" monitor, one that should cope
with 1280 x 1024. At the moment, I have an old Oak 512K graphics card
(uses the Oti77 driver under XFree86 3.1.2, I think), which, needless to
say, doesn't exactly drive the monitor very well. In fact, due to various
incompatibilities with dot clocks, the card will ONLY drive the monitor
at 640 x 480...

So, I would like to invest in a good graphics card, that will allow me
to make somewhat better use of my monitor, both under XFree86 in Linux
and under DOS/Windoze 3.1.

Can anyone out there suggest a good PCI graphics card that will do the
job? As I am a student, money is too much of an object... The system it
will be used with is a 486 DX4 120, with 8MB (hopefully soon to be
16MB...)

Thanks a lot

Robert McMordie

Second Year Computer Scientist, University of Warwick, Coventry, England

Internet : http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~csuzs

2. Error message durning boot proccess

3. Which graphics card & sound card would be recommended for a new pc

4. [Fwd: Source address & bind()]

5. openGL Graphics card/all around graphics card recommendations?

6. Sun Sparc workstation

7. Advice needed: 2 graphic cards on one board!

8. meaning of "wtmpx"?

9. Looking for advice on a new project

10. Graphics card advice, please.

11. Need XFree86 advice about ATI ISA Mach64 Graphics card

12. Looking for advice on a new project