PAE support

Post by nobod » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 05:47:28

Hello

I've got a pc with 1GB memory.  But in the boot messages the following
appears:
Warning, only 896MB will be used.
Use PAE enabled kernel.

Does AMD Athlon processors support PAE?

The reason why I ask this is because everytime I try to boot my machine
with a kernel with high memory support, it hangs.
When using the 4GB option I get the following message:
Freeing unused kernel memory: 220k freed
EXT2-fs error (device ide0(3.11)): ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory
#: unaligned directory entry - offset=0, inode=4294967295, rec_len=65535,
name_len=2 55
Warning unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic = No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

When using the 64GB option the system hangs ofter the messages 'unpacking
kernel' (or something similar)

Does anyone know how to get the kernel working so that it uses all my RAM?

TIA

1. PAS+ supported for sound? PAS 16 is...

The SCSI port on my PAS+ works fine, but I can't get sound to work,
and I've seen no explicit mention either positive or negative
regarding the PAS+.  I've tried various things at the lilo prompt but
I keep getting the "no such device" error, which the SOUND HOWTO
chalks up to the parameters not matching the hardware.

Has anyone gotten this to work?  If not, what would be a good
soundcard to get?

thanks,
Chris.

Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.

2. how to check mail without password

3. Problem with PAS 16, PAS owners read this

4. Launching X window: Sun 5.6

5. PA 2.0 Object can not run on PA 1.X system

6. problem with nslookup!! HELP!!!

7. PA- Philadelphia- UNIX Systems Admin Position- PA

8. dynamic IP, first TCP-packet lost

9. PAS-studio vs. PAS-16 & locating CDROM

10. BSD or Linux on PA-RISC (was: Microsoft supports HPUX ...)

11. \\\** UNIX Leader - 2nd Level Support - US/PA **///

12. PAS 16 second audio device support

13. why not PAS 16 support in 4.0?