SCSI target mode driver to virtual disk

Post by Ulrich Prin » Tue, 06 May 2003 06:47:00

Hi there!

I am desperately searching for a SCSI target mode driver for an SCSI
controller. Other than the available tmds, I don't need IP over SCSI but
only that the pc running this driver reakts as a disk. Tha data stored
to it shuld be saved into a ext2 oder ext3 partition or a simple file.
As I have no knowledge in programming linux I am not able to do that on
my own and I hope someone has done that before. I found some hints on
other people searching for a solution like that but these news-snippets
are from 2000 and older.
I only program microcontroller in assembler but the way to build this
solution in hardware is much more work if a target mode driver still exists.
If you have any help or hint where to look, please respond. I spent over
3 days now following over 12000 google links and the only things i found
where phrases like "you only need to program a special driver..." "this
driver supports target mode for ip over scsi---" and things like that.
No code snippets, no solutions, no running systems.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Ulrich

1. SCSI Driver that Supports SCSI Target Mode

  A co-worker is looking for a SCSI driver that will support SCSI target
  mode on a Unix transfer the data over a SCSI bus to a host system for
  further processing.  Please specify the board that is required as
  well.  If the driver is in source, it would be ideal.

  Email any replies.  And thanks in advance.

--
The UUCP Mailer

2. Port forwarding. Useful for security?

3. driver put scsi bus to target mode

4. Force a core dump?

5. Concern: Do SCSI Target mode drivers exist for Linux

6. supported cards for laptop

7. SCSI card and driver with target mode support

8. IP Conflict Home LAN Cable Modem

9. SCSI target mode

10. Target mode SCSI.

11. SCSI Target mode