Linux Redhat 5.0 on Cyrix 6x86 PR166+

Post by Wiliyanto Chu » Mon, 09 Mar 1998 04:00:00

The problem is after i apply the patch for cyrix my machine type become
iF86 instead of i586 or i686. Therefore if i wanna compile some programs
that need the machine type, it will stop the compilation because iF86 is
unidentified.
Any one know what cause this problem ? and how to solve it ?
I really appreciate your help .
Thank you

Linux Redhat 5.0 on Cyrix 6x86 PR166+

Post by Paul Cifarell » Wed, 11 Mar 1998 04:00:00

My understanding is that some older 6x86 processors have a bug that causes
gcc to core with sigsegv.  I apparently have one of these "older" processors
--
I had to apply the patch for gcc available at RedHat's site.

Regards,
Paul Cifarelli

> The problem is after i apply the patch for cyrix my machine type become
> iF86 instead of i586 or i686. Therefore if i wanna compile some programs
> that need the machine type, it will stop the compilation because iF86 is
> unidentified.
> Any one know what cause this problem ? and how to solve it ?
> I really appreciate your help .
> Thank you

1. Cyrix 6x86 PR166+ and g++ (drowing no floats)

I am currently in a C++ class and and am having an interesting problem.
When I compile any source code that contains a float variable in Caldera
OpenLinux  kernel ver. 2.0.29 with g++ the executable hangs or the
variables have what appears to be garbage in them (1.2934e-4792).  When
I compile the same code in microsloth VC++ no problemos.  At work I can
compile the same code just fine in Linux kernel ver. 2.0.30 RedHat
Distribution.

I think either I have a 'bad' compiler (corrupt or wrong version) or I
am not setting some command line switch??  Or could it be that the
processor isn't compatible?

Any help or pointers to help would be appreciated.

Thanks   : )

Matt Morton

2. panic: recursive mutex_enter

3. Redhat 5.0, Cyrix 6x86, Panic

4. kswapd running forever on 2.4.13

5. Installing OSE 5.0 on Cyrix 6x86?

6. Halt and shutdown problem on RH7

7. Cyrix 6x86 P166+ - Will Redhat 5 work?

8. Setting up a network in Debian

9. Redhat 6.1 problems on Cyrix 6x86 P200+

10. Cyrix 6x86, Redhat 3.0.3 install trouble

11. Cyrix 6x86, motherboard, Linux...

12. Linux running slower on Cyrix 6x86 ?

13. Cyrix 6x86 faster than Pentium in Linux ?