Xircom CEM33

Post by Darren Wa » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hoiw do you force the PCMCIA to use both the modem and 10Meg EThernet
on a Xircoms CEM33 PCMCIA card?

I have it using the modem but not the ethernet.

Darren

1. Xircom CEM33 Network+modem pcmcia

Unfortunately, you can only use one component at the same time.  If you want to
use the nic, then you have to remove the modem configuration from the
configuration file and reboot; then the modem should work fine.

On my laptop, I have two files, one with the modem definition, and the other
with the NIC definition.  If I want to switch from one to the other, then it's a
matter of making a soft link from /etc/pccard.conf to the correct definition and
then rebooting.  I've included the files below, if it's of any use to you.

Nick

pccard.conf.modem
--
# pick up default resources
include /etc/pccard.conf.resources

# Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10/100+Modem56 (REM56G-100)
card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56"
        config 0x27 "sio2" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem inserted
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem removed
--

pccard.conf.ethernet
--
# pick up default resources
include /etc/pccard.conf.resources

# Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + modem (Ethernet part)
card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56"
        config  0x27 "xe0" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

2. query: linux vs. NT for driving hardware

3. Xircom CEM33 driver for sol7 x86?

4. Can I use Adaptec AHA2842VLB or DTC 3280a SCSI adapters?

5. Xircom CEM33

6. is there a Windows NT client for NIS+?

7. Xircom CEM33 (modem ok - nic NO)

8. strange lpd behaviour. Help needed

9. SuSE 6.0 - PCMCIA Xircom CEM33

10. Xircom CEM33

11. FreeBSD and Xircom CEM33

12. is dlink == Xircom ??

13. Redhat 7.1 and Xircom XE2000 ethernet adapter -- any experience?