HP 855C Prints Dark

Post by Lant » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hoping someone has seen this...I ran across a solution several
months ago but forgot where I saw it.

My DeskJet 855Cxi is printing through ghostscript/apsfilter, and
works like a champ.  Except that graphics (especially from xv) print
*extremely* dark.  I can bump the gamma on xv up to 3 and it still
doesn't quite look right.  Any suggestions?

+ Chris Curtis   |    Indecision is the key to flexibility.     +

1. Redhat 7.3 HP Deskjet 855c lpd prints garbage

Cups configures and prints a pretty test page, but
lp and lpr use lpd and the  855 driver seems tweaked.

When I change to the HP DJ 550c driver I can print,
but wonder why the 855c driver spews.

Anyone have thoughts?

Duane Smeckert
google for good address

2. How do I call vi from curses?

3. S3 Trio64: dark, very dark

4. Executing Prog when accessing file ?

5. HP Deskjet 855c and lpd

6. SOFTWARE ENGINEER/NETWORKING REQUIREMENT

7. HP Deskjet 855c colors messed up - suggest better printer perhaps?

8. Upgrade options for old rs6000

9. Printer: HP 855C

10. HP DeskJet 855C & Red Hat 4.0

11. HP Deskjet 855C

12. HP Deskjet 855C / Linux (Slackware 2.2.0)

13. HP 855C driver for Linux