Canon BJ-200 & Linux?

Post by Dan Wo » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

A local consultant is selling a 4-month Canon BJ-200 for $150. Does anyone
have an opinion on this printer working with Linux? Is this a good price?

Thanks for any info.

-Dan

--

Daniel Wold                               239 City Island Ave,Bronx,NY,10464

"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." -- Baha'u'llah

Canon BJ-200 & Linux?

Post by Sander van Malss » Tue, 16 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> A local consultant is selling a 4-month Canon BJ-200 for $150. Does anyone
> have an opinion on this printer working with Linux? Is this a good price?

There are bj200 drivers for both ghostscript & TeX which work fine for
my bj-200ex. It's a nice little printer, but first check out how much
the ink cartridges are where you live (where I live they're expensive, &
I have mixed success with refill sets). I Can't really judge about the
price from here.

-svm
--
Sander van Malssen                                Cistron Internet Services

Canon BJ-200 & Linux?

Post by Mark Jeftov » Tue, 16 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>A local consultant is selling a 4-month Canon BJ-200 for $150. Does anyone
>have an opinion on this printer working with Linux? Is this a good price?

>Thanks for any info.

>-Dan

I _think_ it'll work ok. We've got one here on our Pentium, and
to be honest, we're having problems using it as a network printer.
Having said that, I'm almost positive the problem stems from
the samba and windows boxes attempting to access it, and not
the printer itself.

I can print fine in regular text mode when I send the job from the
box the printer is* off of. Haven't yet gotten to the point
to send formatted files.

My guess is you'll need an input filter for it. If I find one I'll
send it if you'd like. If you find one first (assuming you actually
buy the thing) would you mind firing a copy over this way?

regards, markjr

|||| mark jeftovic              |||||  http://www.veryComputer.com/~markjr/    ||||
|||| p r i v a t e    w o r l d |||||  Create Yer Own cOunTEr-cULtUre     ||||
the Primordial Shmooze* http://www.veryComputer.com/*It ain't Compuserve baby

Canon BJ-200 & Linux?

Post by Uwe F. Maye » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> A local consultant is selling a 4-month Canon BJ-200 for $150. Does anyone
> have an opinion on this printer working with Linux? Is this a good price?

I bought a new BJ-200ex last September for $169 (+tax) at Circuit City.
Prints Postscript using the ghostscript driver, and standard text. Read
the printing HOWTO.

Uwe F. Mayer

1. Printcap for Canon BJ-200

I just purchased a Canon BJ-200 printer for my computer and am having trouble
finding a printcap file for it.  If there is anyone out there that may have
one or knows were to get one,  I'd appreciate it.  Also,  if there are any other
files or filters or whatever that may make my printer run more efficently I'd
appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Thanks for your time in this matter.

---
Jaroslaw Knap
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ
phone: (602) 965 3604
fax  : (602) 965 1384

2. Yamaha DS-X6 audio drivers for linux?

3. printcap entry for Canon BJ-200??

4. help! UMSDOS kernel 2.4.6 xwin segfaults

5. Canon BJ-200??

6. A better PICO ???????

7. Ghostview and Canon BJ-200

8. 3com 3c509B fix... believe it or not!

9. How to print on Canon BJ-200 from Netscape

10. Canon BJ-200 printcap..

11. Ghostscript and Canon BJ-200

12. Canon BJ-200 Driver?

13. DVIPS AND CANON BJ-200