Cirrus Logic chip sets

Post by Andreas Garzot » Wed, 20 Sep 1995 04:00:00

[text deleted]

Quote:>I know X Inside's server doesn't.  Dell picked a chipset for the Latitude that
>(to my knowledge) no one else is using.  We get calls about it, but only on

[text deleted]

I am using a Sharp laptop that uses the Cirrus CD-7543 chipset. This
chipset seems to become more and more popular for laptops. It is not
yet supported by XFree86 (and I don't know if it will be in future), but
there is a dirty hack available that works on my laptop and on other
machines too. Have a look at http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~eanders/linux.

Andreas

1. Cirrus Logic chip sets

I'm about to buy a Dell Latitude XPi P90T (Pentium 90MHz notebook)
to run Linux with XFree86. The chip set is a Cirrus Logic CLGD7543.
The latest (9/12/95) XFree86 HOWTO lists all Cirrus Logic CLGD5***
and 6*** as supported, but doesn't have any 7*** model. Is it safe
to assume that the 7543 will work?? If not, is it safe to assume that
it will be supported in the near future?

Fred Rasio

2. pl11, procps and compressed kernel

3. cirrus logic 7543 chip set

4. XDM problem: "errors rotating logs"

5. Cirrus Logic chips solutions that work!!!

6. Set up network printer

7. Cirrus Logic chips solutions for X!!!!!

8. Trying to boot from RAID volume

9. HELP send XF86Config XConfig files for Cirrus Logic CL-GD5424 chip VGA

10. Xwin with cirrus logic 5446 chip?

11. Xconfig file for Cirrus Logic 5428 chip/ViewSonic 6e monitor.

12. X with Cirrus Logic 7548 graphic chip

13. Cirrus Logic 5428 Chip