Canon BJ200e - Caldera 2.2

Post by Mike Thom » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

    I should probably have posted the following message to this group.
By the way, I have found that I can print to the Canon by cheating - I
set the printer to add a carriage control to a line feed, send whatever
want to print to a text file, and copy the file to /dev/lp0. But I'd
still like to find out how to do it right.

    I installed Caldera 2.2 last year and couldn't get my HP deskjet
printer working. I found out this was a "winprinter", and I'd never get
it working. I got my old Canon bubble jet BJ200e and hooked it up as a
second printer to my computer. I checked that everything was OK by
testing both printers from my Windows partition.
    I then booted to Linux as root and set up the Canon as my printer. I

tried printing a short file, and the Canon actually did print something.

But it mostly made beeping noises and printed pages of garbage, mostly
one line per page. I guess that's progress - I couldn't get the HP to do

anything.
    I noticed that both Lisa and COAS have only three Canon printers
listed - BJ10e, BJ200, and BJC600. My manual says that under Windows,
the BJ200 is the second best driver, so I picked that in Linux. I tried
the other two just to be sure, but had the same problem for both - lots
of beeping and garbage.
    If anyone has used this printer with Linux, or has any suggestions,
please let me know.

1. Caldera Openlinux 2.2 and Canon BJC-4100

Hi, I'm current running Openlinux 2.2, and have a Canon BJC-4100 printer,
but I can't find a way to get drivers to work with my printer. Can someone
help? The system should be fine, but could someone tell me where can I get
more printer drivers for lisa?

2. Removing special files

3. printing with caldera 2.2 and canon 620

4. free isp 1nol.com dialup?

5. Linux and Canon BJ200e

6. no sound with Maestro3

7. Canon BJ200e + gs = problem

8. Setting up Anon FTP

9. installing a canon bj200e

10. How can I use my Canon BJ200e with SCO open server 5?

11. Solaris 2.4 x86 & canon bj200e

12. Canon BJ200e ghostscript driver

13. Canon BJ200e