MOD magneto optical disc drives...

Post by Stefan Zacho » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Good morning experts,

are SCSI MO drives supported, so one can mount these things?
For example a Pioneer DE-xH9101. I don't know what kind
of file system one usually find on such a disc.

Any hint is appreciated

   Stefan

BTW: Please CC to my email address, too.

Post by Eric » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Good morning experts,

> are SCSI MO drives supported, so one can mount these things?
> For example a Pioneer DE-xH9101. I don't know what kind
> of file system one usually find on such a disc.

> Any hint is appreciated

>    Stefan

> BTW: Please CC to my email address, too.

Yes, SCSI-MO drives are supported, at least I know for sure that the
sony SMO-551 is. You could put any filesystem on an MO disc you want,
though you'll normally will have a fat filesystem (if someone else
supplies you with a disc). I normally format them with an ext2
filesystem, since I don't use them outside linux anyway. Don't know if
the pioneer drive is supported.

Eric

1. Support for MOD (Magneto Optical Disk) Drives ?

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience using MOD (Magneto Optical Disk)
drives with Linux ?

I would like to use a ISO10089A compatible drive
(Sony SMO-C501-00E version 3.02), for a format of
650 Mbyte, 512 byte/sector with an Adaptec SCSI host adapter.

Thanks for any help (preferrably by mail)

Juergen Schnitzler

----------------------------------

2. Configuring LP/LPR to print PDF Files.

3. how to use MOD (Magneto Optical) drive under redhat 7.0?

4. adaptec 2930U ?

5. mount a magneto-optical disk drive

6. Help needed

7. Fujitsu Dynamo 640AI Magneto-Optical Disk Drive ATAPI interface

8. Transferring a background process

9. Magneto Optical disk: problem with Philips

10. 3.5" 650 MB Magneto Optical Disk support?

11. Pinnacle Apex 4.6 GB magneto optical disk in Linux?

12. SunOS Magneto Optical disks under Linux

13. Magneto optical disks