Diamond (bleh) drivers

Post by Thomas Nai » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone out there had any news on Diamond (or
compatible) drivers for the Monster Sound MX80 sound card or the Viper
V550 video cards. It seems like Diamond is wanting to make it as hard as
possible for linux users to get drivers. I've seen references to the
NVidia reference drivers for XFree86, but I don't know if they will
work. I haven't found anything on the MX80. Hope someone can help...

sciolist

Diamond (bleh) drivers

Post by C. C. McPherso » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I was wondering if anyone out there had any news on
Diamond (or
> compatible) drivers for the Monster Sound MX80 sound card

Try linux.aureal.com if the MX80 has a a3d vortex chipset.

Quote:> or the Viper
> V550 video cards. It seems like Diamond is wanting to make it as hard as
> possible for linux users to get drivers. I've seen references to the
> NVidia reference drivers for XFree86, but I don't know if they will
> work. I haven't found anything on the MX80. Hope someone can help...

Get the latest release from www.xfree86.org, they have been
part of the release since 3.3.5 .
Quote:> sciolist

Diamond (bleh) drivers

Post by sciolis » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> > I was wondering if anyone out there had any news on
> Diamond (or
> > compatible) drivers for the Monster Sound MX80 sound card
> Try linux.aureal.com if the MX80 has a a3d vortex chipset.

> > or the Viper
> > V550 video cards. It seems like Diamond is wanting to make it as hard as
> > possible for linux users to get drivers. I've seen references to the
> > NVidia reference drivers for XFree86, but I don't know if they will
> > work. I haven't found anything on the MX80. Hope someone can help...

> Get the latest release from www.xfree86.org, they have been
> part of the release since 3.3.5 .

> > sciolist

Well, I looked at the linux.aureal.com page but I don't think the MX80 has a
Vortex chipset. I'm currently running the XFree86 3.3.5 and it seems to be
working ok, although it has detected my card as a Riva 128. Also, I
downloaded and installed the NVidia mesa drivers for linux. How can I tell if
it's using the right setup (i.e., the NVidia drivers)? Xfree86cfg?

Thanks for the help,

sciolist

1. Scanjet HP scsi driver/ Diamond monster sound driver....

Hello,

you wrote

I don't know whether your kernel supports the SCSI card - you have to
look into your kernel configuration and recompile it using the support
for this card, install it and go on. Mine doesn't support it (2.2.7).
The boot messages (/var/log/messages) should have some lines like ...

<6>ncr53c8xx: at PCI bus 0, device 11, function 0
<6>ncr53c8xx: 53c810a detected
<6>ncr53c810a-0: rev=0x23, base=0xe7001000, io_port=0xe000, irq=10
<6>ncr53c810a-0: ID 7, Fast-10, Parity Checking
<6>ncr53c810a-0: restart (scsi reset).

This is the first step.
You see. I'm using a 53C8xx SCSI card. I have had some problems with
the SCSI card shipped with the scanner. It wasn't supported by the
kernel. So I decided to buy me a full SCSI card. Cheap (about 50 DM).

Then you perhaps would like to install the sane package. This contains
some programs which are called ?scanimage? and ?xscanimage? for using
at the command line or X respectively.

Sane supports your scanner and you should not have any problems.

Where to get the sane package?
1. From your distribution (look at the grafic packages)
2. http://www.mostang.com/sane

Does this help???

Back to the command line ...

2. LILO need help :)

3. Diamond SpeedStar SE driver?

4. GNU MP library

5. Diamond Viper VLB driver

6. java 1.4.0 for Linux/Sparc?

7. AGP Diamond Viper Drivers?

8. Flagship on Linux as an alternative to Clipper on DOS for supporting dialup users

9. Is there a driver for Adaptec 2940 SCSI and Diamond Viper?

10. Fine linux 3d drivers for Diamond Stealth III S540 PCI

11. Where can i get a driver for Diamond Viper v330 Agp

12. Diamond Stealth Video PCI Driver

13. Want a S3 968 driver(diamond stealth 64 vedio)