Need help with Toshiba AccuPoint "mouse"

Need help with Toshiba AccuPoint "mouse"

Post by Dan Hutchis » Fri, 01 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I recently installed Linux on my laptop computer (a Toshiba something
or other... 2150CDS?).  Anyways, it works pretty decent except for
not having quite enough ram to handle X.  So I'd really like to get
gpm working... except I can't even get my mouse to work.

My "mouse" is actually one of those little "joysticks" in the middle
of the keyboard, officially known as the "AccuPoint".  Unfortunately;
the documentation that came with the computer is a little vague when
it comes to the AccuPoint.  Although; I did learn a couple ways to
help prevent my finger from sliding off of it, if it gets too oily
*bog*.

So... after receiving no takers on my local distribution, I've moved
up a bit-- can anyone out there tell me what kindof "mouse" my
AccuPoint qualifies as, and how to configure it for Linux?  (or
Linux for it? hmm).
                                                thanks,
                                                dan