#9FX Motion with XF86, please help!

Post by M. Corne » Sun, 08 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have a new Dell XPS P133C, Dell 17LS monitor, and a #9 FX Motion PCI video
card with 2MB VRAM.  I am a Linux newbie--just installed it a couple of days
ago.  I think my chipset is S3 968, which is not supported it seems.  Is there
anything out know to fix this?  Or is there a way around it?  I was able to
get X to work at 320x200, but that resolution is a joke.  Please lend me a
hand, especially if you have a similar setup.  Thanks in advance.

Marc

Post by Mean Green Dancing Machi » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I have a new Dell XPS P133C, Dell 17LS monitor, and a #9 FX Motion PCI video
>card with 2MB VRAM.  I am a Linux newbie--just installed it a couple of days
>ago.  I think my chipset is S3 968, which is not supported it seems.  Is there
>anything out know to fix this?  Or is there a way around it?  I was able to
>get X to work at 320x200, but that resolution is a joke.  Please lend me a
>hand, especially if you have a similar setup.  Thanks in advance.

You have the #9 771 which does indeed have the S3-968.  You need to use
Xfree 3.1.2 to make it work.
--

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous * vanilla * het geek

"..., and some of you may regard all women as evil traps that exist
only to tease, torture, and suck out your very soul."  --DrMax