XFree86 on IBM ThinkPad 760CD

Post by Juergen.Bra » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello!

has anyone running Linux with XFree86 on an IBM ThinkPad 760 CD?
Can you please send me yout XF86config file.

Thanks

Juergen Braun

XFree86 on IBM ThinkPad 760CD

Post by Juergen.Bra » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>has anyone running Linux with XFree86 on an IBM ThinkPad 760 CD?
>Can you please send me yout XF86config file.

I have it now running with XFree 3.1.2G XServer

Juergen Braun

XFree86 on IBM ThinkPad 760CD

Post by Steve Meisne » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am experiencing modem troubles on one of my computers that has the
modem connected to /dev/cua2 (com3).  Setserial correctly identifies the
modem's UART (USR Sportster 28.8 w/16550 UART) and sets the "spd_vhi"
flag.  However, modem communication with both chat and seyon doesn't
work.  The computer has a broken /dev/cua0 that gets detected and shows
"device busy" at all times.  Is it possible since /dev/cua0 and
/dev/cua2 share the same interrupt (IRQ 4) that this is causing the
problem.  I don't have any problems with two other computers using the
USR Sportster, so I don't think it's a sofware issue.  Any suggestions
on what to do next would greatly be appreciated.  BTW, modem works under
Windows 3.11; mouse never worked on com1 under Windows 3.11 but, works
under DOS on com1??????
--

http://www.cris.com/~Smeisner
Courtesy of Netscape

XFree86 on IBM ThinkPad 760CD

Post by Pascal A. Dupu » Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Thus spake Steve Meisner on comp.os.linux.hardware

Quote:>I am experiencing modem troubles on one of my computers that has the
>modem connected to /dev/cua2 (com3).  Setserial correctly identifies the
>modem's UART (USR Sportster 28.8 w/16550 UART) and sets the "spd_vhi"
>flag.  However, modem communication with both chat and seyon doesn't
>work.  The computer has a broken /dev/cua0 that gets detected and shows
>"device busy" at all times.  Is it possible since /dev/cua0 and
>/dev/cua2 share the same interrupt (IRQ 4) that this is causing the

I had recently the same problem recently when configuring a modem.
I put it on /dev/cua2, whith the mouse on /dev/cua0. Having read the
Serial HOW-TO and the like, it appeared that each serial port needs its
own interrupt. So, I've setup the modem as COM7, which is the same as COM3
with irq5. In the /etc/rc.d/rc.serial, I added:
${SETSERIAL} /dev/cua2 irq 5

Greetings
Pascal A. Dupuis

--
Information Science is coming out the Dark Ages, but its language
still reflects it : gnu, gawk, groff, nroff, ls, ar, chmod, ...

1. X on the IBM 760CD Thinkpad

Has anyone gotten this to work ?
I have gotten to the point where I can get the 800x600 screen to come
up but everything appears doubled (on either external or internal
monitor). Its as though only every other pixel is being accessed so the
whole screen is maginified. Cursor works, applications work but there
is always this shadow/duplicate of everything.
The chipset appears to be a VESA Trident.
Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Lamb

2. HELP -- Lose my Network after reboot...

3. IBM ThinkPad 760CD SCO UNIX installation problems

4. Asus M2400n PCMCIA Card Flash Reader

5. Q: Slackware 3.0, IBM ThinkPad 760CD?

6. Colorado Jumbo 350 install problem

7. Need ibm thinkpad 760CD XF86Config file

8. A Newbie Question

9. HELP! VideoModes for IBM ThinkPad 760CD ?

10. Subject: Please help - Debian 1.2 on IBM ThinkPad 760CD

11. Solaris x86 installation on IBM Thinkpad model 760CD

12. XFree86 on Thinkpad 760CD

13. Running XFree86 on a Thinkpad 760CD