sound/scsi pcmcia cards for linux?

Post by Ben Teife » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am wondering if anyone has any experience trying to make the New Media Toast
N' Jam scsi/sound combo board work under linux, or if there might be some
other product which combines the sound and scsi interface function into one
pcmcia card which is compatible?

My thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer.
--

Computer, Education, and Community Development Consultant

1. Installing linux using SCSI CD-ROM on PCMCIA card, onto SCSI hard drive

Greetings.

 I just purchased Slackware 3.2 on CD-ROM from Walnut Creek. And I
want to install it!

 Unfortunately, my CD-ROM drive is on a PCMCIA SCSI controller (New
Media Toast'n'Jam).  In fact, the hard drive I want to install Linux
to is also on this controller.

 I presume that, in order to pull this off, I will need a special
bootdisk and rootdisk that includes the PCMCIA drivers and the
appropriate commands in rc.local or whatever to utilize them.

 So, does anyone have such a boot/rootdisk combo made up already? If
so, where can I get it?

 I'd really like to install this, so any replies would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!  (Please respond by e-mail if possible.)
--

WWW Home Page: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455| right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.

2. Again: script to retrive mail-attachments

3. panasonic kxl-d20 pcmcia-scsi-sound linux driver

4. Duping an fbackup (dump for HP-UX) tape: HELP!

5. pcmcia modem card and sound card installation problem

6. virtmaps

7. panasonic kxl-d20 pcmcia-scsi-sound linux driver

8. netfilter libiptc

9. Running Slack of PCMCIA SCSI CARD with external SCSI drive Anyone

10. Help with SCSI tape drive, PCMCIA SCSI card

11. where are pcmcia sound cards for linux

12. PCMCIA sound cards and Linux - which one (if any) to get?