HELP: base IO for Dlink (NE200) ethernet card

HELP: base IO for Dlink (NE200) ethernet card

Post by Jason Templ » Wed, 20 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Greetings,
        I have a couple of older ISA D-Link ethernet cards (NE2000 clones), and
have, over the years, lost the manuals for them.  This, ordinarlily
would not be a problem, but I need to know what the base IO is mapped to
(based on the jumper settings on the board).  The IRQs are labelled, but
there is just a bank of jumpers with on and off settings listed, no
mapping to memory addresses.  If anyone else has this card, could the
PLEASE email me the table for the jumper settings.

I would render these cards usefull again!

Thanks in advance!

jas

Jason Temple

Post by Frits Daalma » Sat, 23 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: Greetings,
:       I have a couple of older ISA D-Link ethernet cards (NE2000 clones), and
: have, over the years, lost the manuals for them.  This, ordinarlily
: would not be a problem, but I need to know what the base IO is mapped to
: (based on the jumper settings on the board).  The IRQs are labelled, but
: there is just a bank of jumpers with on and off settings listed, no
: mapping to memory addresses.  If anyone else has this card, could the
: PLEASE email me the table for the jumper settings.

: I would render these cards usefull again!

: Thanks in advance!
I just tried it out (WHICH IS DANGEROUS, BY THE WAY)
after reading somewhere that 0x300 would be a possible setting;

Adding the following line in /etc/conf.modules helped for me,
BUT your mileage may vary; I cannot be held responsible for burning ethernet
cards, etc. etc.; hope I make that clear.

My settings for this 1 particular computer were in /etc/conf.modules:
options ne io=0x300
and add in /etc/modules the line:
ne

While booting, it says:

Nov 22 13:14:36 chemb8b kernel: loading device 'eth0'...

Nov 22 13:14:36 chemb8b kernel: NE*000 ethercard probe at 0x300: 00 80 c8 36 7a 98
Nov 22 13:14:36 chemb8b kernel: eth0: NE2000 found at 0x300, using IRQ 10.

Well, good luck with it!

Frits

1. ISA NE200 based network card

This is probably a fairly simple thing, but for some reason the solution is
eluding me (not really a difficult thing :) )
One of the computer son my LAN has just had Mandrake 7 installed on it with
a (see subject) network card, I realize that for the ne driver you need to
specify i/o and maybe IRQ (not sure though)  windows says that the io range
of the card is 0280-029F, however I thought that netconf needed the address
in 0xNNN format, tried all the combinations I could think of and couldn't
get it to work (except for probably the most obvious and correct one), what
am I doing wrong/what should I watch out for?

Ron Thomas

2. UNIX (hp-ux) disk checking commands?

3. Eagle (Microdyne) NE200 troubles (10 base 2 PCMCIA net card)n

4. Backing Up the Solaris 9 Media Kit

5. Help needed with DLINK DE-100 ethernet card...

6. dos linux work with adaptec ava 1515 card?

7. Ethernet NE200 card not being seen

8. RH6.1 boot disk problem

9. ne200 ethernet card problem

10. Help: PCMCIA ethernet card IO init fails

11. Q : ethernet Dlink-530CT card PCI work ?

12. Help me with ethernet cards based on DC21143 ?

13. DLink ethernet card support?