Cable Modem Connecting???

Post by Jennifer Sinsle » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:23:06

direct me is getting it to work with Linux?  I am stuck in Windows for
internet usage because I also have a winmodem which doesn't work in Linux.

Thanks in advance..
Jennifer

Cable Modem Connecting???

Post by Keit » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 21:01:18

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:23:06 GMT, Jennifer Sinsley

> direct me is getting it to work with Linux?  I am stuck in Windows for
> internet usage because I also have a winmodem which doesn't work in Linux.

What USB device do you have? If it is the SMC 2202 then you can use
the Pegasus driver. See http://www.veryComputer.com/
also see http://www.veryComputer.com/

--

Best Regards,

Keith         (Use Reply-to for email)
Avertir ce page Web est illgal pour visualiser en France.
--
Where do you discover free software for Windows? Strongsignals DOT COM is a
great place to start: http://www.veryComputer.com/  "Where would Christianity be

Cable Modem Connecting???

Post by Jennifer Sinsle » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:14:41

In my device manager it says EZ Connect USB/Eithernet Converter.  The Driver
manufacture is SMC.  I can not find any numbers...   and in Control Panel
and Network... it says EZ Connect USB / Eithernet Converter.  Doesn't give
driver info

scribe/Grpahics-magic

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:23:06 GMT, Jennifer Sinsley

latest

anyone
> > direct me is getting it to work with Linux?  I am stuck in Windows for
> > internet usage because I also have a winmodem which doesn't work in
Linux.

> What USB device do you have? If it is the SMC 2202 then you can use
> the Pegasus driver. See http://www.veryComputer.com/
> also see http://www.veryComputer.com/

> --

> Best Regards,

> Keith         (Use Reply-to for email)
> Avertir ce page Web est illgal pour visualiser en France.
> --
> Where do you discover free software for Windows? Strongsignals DOT COM is
> great place to start: http://www.veryComputer.com/  "Where would Christianity
be
> if Jesus got eight to fif* years with time off for good behavior?" NY
> State Senator James Donovan, speaking in support of capital punishment.

Cable Modem Connecting???

Post by Keit » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:01:20

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:14:41 GMT, Jennifer Sinsley

> In my device manager it says EZ Connect USB/Eithernet Converter.  The Driver
> manufacture is SMC.  I can not find any numbers...   and in Control Panel
> and Network... it says EZ Connect USB / Eithernet Converter.  Doesn't give
> driver info

There has to be a number on your SMC USB device. Look at your USB device and
not the software or control panel. It should at least have a FCC-ID number on it.

> scribe/Grpahics-magic

> > On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:23:06 GMT, Jennifer Sinsley

> latest

> anyone
> > > direct me is getting it to work with Linux?  I am stuck in Windows for
> > > internet usage because I also have a winmodem which doesn't work in
> Linux.

> > What USB device do you have? If it is the SMC 2202 then you can use
> > the Pegasus driver. See http://www.veryComputer.com/
> > also see http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > --

> > Best Regards,

> > Keith         (Use Reply-to for email)
> > Avertir ce page Web est illgal pour visualiser en France.
> > --
> > Where do you discover free software for Windows? Strongsignals DOT COM is
> > great place to start: http://www.veryComputer.com/  "Where would Christianity
> be
> > if Jesus got eight to fif* years with time off for good behavior?" NY
> > State Senator James Donovan, speaking in support of capital punishment.

--

Best Regards,

Keith         (Use Reply-to for email)
Avertir ce page Web est illgal pour visualiser en France.
--
Where do you discover free software for Windows? Strongsignals DOT COM is a
great place to start: http://www.veryComputer.com/  "Where would Christianity be
if Jesus got eight to fif* years with time off for good behavior?" NY
State Senator James Donovan, speaking in support of capital punishment.

Cable Modem Connecting???

Post by Jennifer Sinsle » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:05:11

It is the right adapter..  the SMC 2202.  I am just having trouble finding
out how to install it