DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

Post by Troy DeJon » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Fellow Linuxers,

Regarding the Linux DigiBoard Intelligent Serial Board Driver for the
PC/Xe and PC/Xi line of products (no, this does not include the PC/Xem.
That's a different product line), I have revamped the driver so that
it acts just like the normal serial driver.  I originally wrote the
driver so that the ttyD* devices were modem control devices and the
ttyd* devices were the non-modem control devices.  However, due to
confusion by users and a few other problems posed by inconsistencies
between my driver and the regular serial driver, I decided to change
it.  This should basically make it much easier to use.  Now, the
ttyd1 device will act like ttyS0, and ttyD1 will act like cua0,
except that ttyd1 and ttyD1 will be accessing an intelligent device
with fairly large receive and transmit buffers.  :-)

I have bumped the version number up to 1.4 on the driver (pcxe.c is
the only file that has changed for now, although the README-type stuff
will have to change later).  If any of you already have the DigiBoard
driver and want to slap the pcxe.c file over top of your current one
to test the newest version, let me know, and I'll email it to you.  I'll
be working on testing it this week--with anyone who would like to test
it--and will be fixing any reported bugs.  I have already tested
dialin and dialout, and everything seems to work fine, but I would
be grateful for any volunteers willing to test PPP or SLIP.  :-)
Thanks.

     -Troy

--

DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

Post by Bob Gla » Sun, 30 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Regarding the Linux DigiBoard Intelligent Serial Board Driver for the
>PC/Xe and PC/Xi line of products (no, this does not include the PC/Xem.
>That's a different product line), I have revamped the driver so that
>it acts just like the normal serial driver.  I originally wrote the
>driver so that the ttyD* devices were modem control devices and the
>ttyd* devices were the non-modem control devices.  However, due to
>confusion by users and a few other problems posed by inconsistencies
>between my driver and the regular serial driver, I decided to change
>it.  This should basically make it much easier to use.  Now, the
>ttyd1 device will act like ttyS0, and ttyD1 will act like cua0,
>except that ttyd1 and ttyD1 will be accessing an intelligent device
>with fairly large receive and transmit buffers.  :-)
>I have bumped the version number up to 1.4 on the driver (pcxe.c is
>the only file that has changed for now, although the README-type stuff
>will have to change later).  If any of you already have the DigiBoard
>driver and want to slap the pcxe.c file over top of your current one
>to test the newest version, let me know, and I'll email it to you.  I'll
>be working on testing it this week--with anyone who would like to test
>it--and will be fixing any reported bugs.  I have already tested
>dialin and dialout, and everything seems to work fine, but I would
>be grateful for any volunteers willing to test PPP or SLIP.  :-)
>Thanks.
>     -Troy

You've got a tester.  I will test any and all versions of the driver
with both SLIP and PPP. :)

Just point me to the sources.  (Of course, this is pending on me
getting the damn thing working first. ;)

-Bob
--

425 University Ave SE #107      | URL: http://www.msi.umn.edu/People/glamm
Minneapolis, MN 55414           |   EE major, U of Minnesota - Twin Cities

1. DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

[...]

2. EMS/extended memory

3. DigiBoard PC/Xe and PC/Xi Driver!

4. Segmentation Fault from return

5. DigiBoard PC/Xe Drivers V1.4 Pls

6. read Macintosh *.doc -files

7. Help with a Digiboard PC/Xi and driver

8. Tools to extract performance counters?

9. Driver for "intelligent" Digiboard PC/xe's??

10. Anyone have drivers for the Digiboard PC/4 or PC/8?

11. Digiboard PC/Xe ??

12. DigiBoard PC/Xe Woes on Linux 2.0.21

13. Digiboard PC/Xe and rehat 5.0