Problems with 2nd IDE i/f and IDE CD-ROM on Compaq Presario CDS 972

Problems with 2nd IDE i/f and IDE CD-ROM on Compaq Presario CDS 972

Post by Robert S. Liesenfe » Fri, 31 May 1996 04:00:00

Hello...I have a Compaq Presario CDS 972, with two IDE hard drives, and a IDE
CD-ROM drive...I have the two HD's hooked up to the first IDE interface.  No
problem with that.  However, I tried to hook my IDE CD-ROM (I beleive it's a
Mitsumi) to the 2nd IDE interface...neither DOS nor Linux recognizes that it's
even there.  Also, when I boot linux, I see:

ide0: primary interface on irq 14

But nothing about ide1.  How can I enable the second IDE interface?

Thanks in advance!

-R

President & CEO, Riv Software Labs               http://pinenet.com/~robertl/
"There are many intelligent species in the universe.  They all own cats."
                -- Unknown

1. 2nd IDE / IDE CD-ROM / maplay wanted. Help!

: I have a Gateway with 2 Local bus(s) and cannot reach the disk on
: my 2nd bus (hard disk 3 I guess you could say).  I've seen
: postings about how to do this but they've cycled off my news
: server's back file.

I too can't get my 3rd IDE drive recognized, and its on the same
controller. It works under MSDOS so its not hardware related I
gather. :(

--
  __  __   __ | .__.  __. ::::  Carlos Dominguez - Cyberdude & Gophermaster

 ____________________________   I'm Looking for employment in the NYC area.

2. WuFtpd : is always shutdown !

3. IDE CD Writer and IDE CD-ROM

4. snmp source

5. New IDE-CD/extended IDE driver supports Sony 55E ATAPI CD-ROM!

6. Checkpoint VPN1

7. replacing IDE CD-ROM with IDE CD-RW - kernel panic!

8. Sony DSC-P5 digital camera - can't mount it

9. Upgrading to SCSI CD-ROM from IDE CD-ROM

10. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

11. IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM and Que/CD-ROM setup

12. Boot problem on Plato with large IDE/small IDE/CD-ROM

13. Problem Set up A IDE CD-ROM as the forth IDE device under Win95