ide-scsi emulation for ATAPI cd writing problem

ide-scsi emulation for ATAPI cd writing problem

Post by Ryan C. Stalling » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
    I am trying to get CD writing to work properly under Linux and I am
having some problems.  I know you have to use scsi emulation so I
recompiled my kernel without IDE ATAPI CD support and with both
generic scsi, and scsi CD modules.  However when I try to load the
scsi modules I get the following message:

scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
scsi : 1 host.
Vendor: MITSUMI   Model: CR-2801TE         Rev: 1.07
Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
scsi0 channel 0 : resetting for second half of retries.
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
aborting command due to timeout : pid 2,
scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 1 Request Sense 20 00 00 10 00

Then the window freezes and I can only kill the process.  If I do
a lsmod the scsi-ide module is loaded but unitialized.  I am running
kernel 2.2.1 with Redhat 5.1 with a Mitsumi 2801 CDR.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ryan