Flushing the read and write buffers

Post by Nico Thirio » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

If I were to change a file on the disk from the hardware side (custom
piece of hardware) how can I let the kernel know the that information
has changed. sync does not seem to work since, I think, it only flushes
the write buffers.

tia.

Nico Thirion

1. Flushing Socket Read/Write Buffers

    I've been working on a server program and I'm having some difficulty
figuring out how to flush the read/write buffers for my socket
connections.  Currently the buffers only seem to be flushed when I sent a
line feed character, but I want to send text which is not necessarily
terminated my a line feed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Derrick Moser
2A Computer Engineering
University of Waterloo

2. SCSI AHA-1742 and >Gig Drives

3. A simple link,write buffer is full and read buffer is empty.

4. mbufs problem - Decsystem 5000 Ultrix 4.2

5. How to flush write buffer ?

6. LinuxCAD

7. Flushing stdin buffer before read

8. : Re: root login / kshrc not read

9. pipe read buffer flush

10. how to flush disk buffer before reading data?

11. Help : How to FLUSH a read buffer ?

12. Help: How to FLUSH a read buffer ?

13. doing buffered RPC via clnt_call: how to do a buffer flush?