jumper settings for ide card

Post by Wilson Fletche » Sun, 14 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have an IDE controller (multi io) card I want to use as a secondary
controller.

I need to set it's IRQ to 15 and Port address to 170h - 177h

The problem is I don't know what the jumper settings are. Can anyone help ?

The card looks prety standard. It has UMC controller chips on it, it has
parallel, serial, game, FDD, and HDD connections.

The jumpers that it has are:

        j1   ..
        j2   ..  (This one is used for the HDD light on the front of the
case)
        jp1  xx.
        jp2  xx.
        jp3  xx.
        jp4  xx.
        jp5  xx.
        jp6  xx.
        jp7  xx.
        jp8  xx.
        jp9  xx.
        jp10 xx.

NB  xx indicates current jumpers
    "." represents and empty pin

If anyone can help that would be fantastic

thanks

Wilson

1. IDE Hard Drive jumper settings for RAID

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a IDE RAID array on a soon-to-be Linux
machine.

I have a IDE controller combined with the mother board that can support up to 7
IDE devices.

I plan on using 5 various sized hard drive from different manufactures. (I
don't think there will be a problem with this)

My questions is:  How should I set the jumper settings?  All master or all
slaves?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers,

Chad

2. ANNOUNCE: The Release of Frisk-0.99b3

3. Kentech vlb ide KJD-IDEIOVLB jumper setting?

4. mkisofs and long filenames

5. Cannot Read From/Recognize IDE CD-Rom for Setup; Jumper Settings?

6. Veritas Netback giving error after applied patches

7. HELP - - - Secondary IDE jumper settings

8. how to define NFS group?

9. jumpers for ide card

10. Help: Gateway G/Ethernet AT card: jumper/switch Settings

11. Jumper settings for cards needed!

12. need WD8003 card jumper settings