SCSI Scanner:Software Interrupt really "interrupts"!?

SCSI Scanner:Software Interrupt really "interrupts"!?

Post by Christian Golt » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Dear Everybody,

I'm using a scanner connected to an Adaptec AVA1515:

<4>aha152x: BIOS test: passed, auto configuration: ok, detected 1
controller(s)
<4>aha152x0: vital data: PORTBASE=0x340, IRQ=10, SCSI ID=7,
reconnect=enabled, parity=
enabled, synchronous=disabled, delay=100, extended translation=disabled
<4>aha152x: trying software interrupt, ok.

When a scan is in progress, all I can do is wait till it finishes -
the system is "interrupted".
What's the reason for this?
The software interrupt? If yes, is there a way to avoid it, i.e.
use a hardware interrupt instead? IRQ 10 shows up in /proc/interrupts
anyway...
Or is it related to the scanner being SCSI I ?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Sincerely,

Christian goltz

--
Dr. Christian Goltz, Institut fuer Geophysik, Universitaet Kiel
Leibnizstr. 15, D-24118 Kiel, Germany

http://www.physik.uni-kiel.de/geophysik/goltz.html