Linux on Thinkpad{701C,365CD}

Post by Jon Hal » Mon, 12 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am considering buying a thinkpad 701c or a thinkpad 365CD notepad.
Of course,  I plan on running linux on it quite a bit.

Does anybody have experience in running linux/Xfree86 on either of
these machines.

Thanks,

1. Thinkpad 365CD and XF86

Sorry if this it to the wrong group.

I have installed and configured Slakware 2.0. on my Thinkpad 365CD.  I
have sucessfully gotten X to run in a resolution of 80x60?, and it is
awful.  I cannot find anything that works with it in a higher
resolution.  My Tpad doesn't support more than 640x480 under windoze 95
on the active matrix display.  Do I need to upgrade to a newer version?
This X was installed from the slakware 2.0 cd I have.  Everything else
seems to work great in fact I have configured TCP/IP and DHCPd to work
on my network at home.

Thanks,

Rod

2. simple postfix question

3. Linux on Thinkpad 701C?

4. What is a0 filesystem type?

5. Thinkpad 701c & Linux?

6. VideoCD?

7. Linux and Thinkpad 701C

8. LI hang with LILO

9. Linux 1.2.1 on IBM 701C ThinkPad

10. Thinkpad 701C Dual Boot NT4 and Linux Problems

11. Help on a Thinkpad 701C / Linux

12. Installing Linux Redhat onto an IBM 701C thinkpad using a parallel port CD-ROM

13. Q: Linux on Thinkpad 701C (PCMCIA CD-ROM)