Linux and Tokenring

Post by Christian Schr?de » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Is there a Tokenringboard supported by Linux ?
Which Linux Version ?
Email would be very kind
Many thanks in Advance
Christian Schroeder

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. Should httpd -l show mod_perl ?

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. gcc-3.2 breaks rmap on s390x

5. Is there simply way to grep particular length of token instead of content of token?

6. Password update using NIS

7. only show the tokenring submenu if tokenring is selected

8. HP 98754A and X

9. token token

10. TOKEN RING? (unfortunately *IBM* Token Ring)

11. How to grab a token from a line in file then compute all of these tokens

12. Any token ring cards work with Linux?

13. Linux & Token-Ring