Help: Printing problem in Linux

Post by Xavier Plasenci » Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if anybody can give me a pointer to finding
is a Panasonic driver for linux.  The Panasonic uses HP PCL
language, and emulates the HPLJ2p.
The problem I have encounter by emulating the HPLJ2p is quite
strange.  This is the problem that has happend to me.
But*I have a Cyrx P150+ 32MB RAM panasonic printer with Red Hat4.0

When I installed red hat I set my printer to emulate HPLJ2p. It worked
for two weeks.  Then one day it just quit working.  I would only spit
out two blank pages for any type of print job.  The odd part is that
if I print a postscript file by  "lpr -Ppan file.ps" the ps file prints

When I looked to see what red hat does for printing, I saw that they
use nscrip "I don't think that is the correct file name" to convert
any file to postscript.  It then uses gs to convert the PS to the
correct PCL code depending on the printer.  I though by replacing
nscript with enscript, it would solve the problem, but alas it has
not, and I have no clues as to what might be causing the problem.

Any help as to how I might correct this problem will be greatly
appreciated.

1. HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING

Hey,

I tried to install my HP deskjet 520 under Linux since a long time
but I always have a lot of problems

The last one is that when i start a job linux can't start the daemon
printer but i have followed the HOWTO for the permissions

I search the EXACTLY FILES and the GOODS PERMISSIONS that i have to
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
use and if possible a GOOD FILTER for the HP DESKJET 520 printer
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^         ^^^^^^^^^^
(filter to solve the staircase effect )

PLEASE HELP ME -- HELP ME

I hope a lot of GOOD responses via mail only

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL
--------------------

======= http://dico.unice.fr/~plazis    ===========

2. Help with modem!

3. Sherlock linux plug-ins / sherlock for linux?

4. iptables

5. HP Printing Problem & Printing.HOWTO can't help!!!

6. ReiserFS 2.5 Update Patch Set 10 of 25

7. Printing problem (Not printing first line) Help!

8. set up of a cvs server

9. problems printing to intel NetportExpress PRO/100 print server with redhat 5.2 linux

10. Problems printing using a linux print server

12. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

13. HELP WITH DIAL INS