Creative pnp setup

Post by Paul Anderso » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have a CT3600 card (ISA, grrrrr). I have yet to be able to make it
work. I spoke with Creative support (knowing they don't do linux, just
wanted to get some other config options).

I'm using RH5.2, and should be able to make this puppy fly (without
drop kicking it that is, but I'm considering it)  :-)

Any ideas short of swapping it with an SB16 in other boxes I have here?

--
Oh my god, they killfiled Kenny! You bastards!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Creative VIBRA16X PnP Setup Heeeeeeeelp!!!

Hi, folks
2 weeks ago, I installed S.u.S.e Linux 5.2. The system is running
nicely so far but I still got some problems with my sound
configuration.

I have a VIBRA16X Pnp sound card working just fine under WIN95.

Of course, I use the isapnp tool in order to intialize the card.
The params are set as follows:

SB16 IRQ        5
SB16 Base          220
8 Bit DMA       1
16 Bit DMA      5
OPL-3 Base        388
MPU Base          330

I recently read the newer Vibras don't have any 16 Bit DMA. Is that
true? How do set it then ?

The kernel sound support is configured as a module with all params set
according to the above listed values.

After booting the system ,  inititializing the card and sound module
insertion, I SUCCESSFULLY check the configuration by sending some *.au
and *.wav files to /dev/audio and /dev/dsp respectively. Even
/dev/sndstat looks as I expect it to (not parentheses surrounding ANY
config)

So far, so good!

Now the problem:

I just can't get rplayd get to work

2. Netscape Beta5 dies with "Unused signal"

3. Creative Labs CD/SB 32 PnP help needed

4. stability of: ssh & /dev/urandom & ANDIrand package

5. need help configuring Creative ViBRA16C PnP sound card on RedHat-6.0 i386 Linux (29k)

6. 2.5.53 : drivers/mtd/devices/blkmtd.c

7. Creative Labs ViBRA16X Pnp - RedHat Linux 6.0

8. Need help tracing lpd problem printing from VAX VMS to Linux

9. Creative Vibra16x pnp problem

10. Creative Labs Hex PnP CDROM Under Linux/X

11. Sound Blaster 16 PnP x Creative CD-ROM 4x PC2 Question

12. Creative Labs CD/SB 32 PnP help needed

13. Creative SoundBlaster 16 PNP ?????