1. HELP: Need RELIABLE MSDOS or SCO Unix memory test for 128 Mbytes memory
I'm looking for a reliable memory test program that will run under
MSDOS or SCO Unix and will test up to 128 Mbytes of memory.
My company manufactures bundled Intel PC platforms with up to 128
Mbytes of memory, depending on the customer order. We pre-load SCO
Unix ODT 3.0 or Open Server 5.0 along with our application. To save
time, prior to loading Unix and the application, we want to test as
many hardware components as possible (disk, memory, CMOS config.,
specialty boards). We currently test with a bootable MSDOS 6.2
diskette that loads QEMM to map the 128 Mbytes as expanded memory.
We currently test memory with PC Certify Pro from Landmark, Inc.
We are aware of several memory test programs that do not run under
MSDOS, but they provide no hooks to run our other tests.
Recently, we received a batch of 32 Mbyte SIMMS that would produce
a invalid opcode panic trap every time Unix booted. After switching
every major component we determined the RAM had to be bad. When we
moved the RAM to another known good system, the problem followed the
RAM. Unfortunately, PC Certify Pro did not detect any problem with
the RAM. We then tried Norton Utilities NDIAGS with similar results.
Occasionally NDIAGS would lock up before completing a several hour
test, but it never did report a specific RAM problem. To get NDIAGS
to recognize all 128 K of memory as expanded memory, we ran it under
the Win 95 version of MSDOS. Still no luck. We did note that HIMEM
would occasionally report questionable memory during the initial
memory test, but we could find no documentation as to what test HIMEM
We have returned some of the suspect memory to the vendor for a
failure analysis. In the meantime does anyone have a product to
recommend? Alternatively, is there a FAQ that discusses this class
Thanks in advance,
2. Help, I Need A Time Server
3. test test test test test test test
4. About Virtual Hosting, plz HELP
5. MatherBoard Check URGENTLY NEEDED
6. getopt + optional parameter
7. memory testing software available?
9. Need to test software on a 580 or 980 machine.
10. Applications Testing Software Needed - Unix, Msdos
11. TESTING UNDER PRESSURE (Testing Computer Software Conference)
12. need crash test software for burn-in
13. *HELP* Need Memory Test!