Trident 3D Image 975 AGP video cards

Post by Alan Wat » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone have any experience with the above video card? I am running
Slackware 3.4 and download the latest version of XFree86 server (3.3.2).
Somehow, when I started up X server, display (monitor) goes blank except
in 640x480 resolution. At the beginning, I thought that that was
something wrong with the monitor then I used different monitor and it
behaves the same way.

Now my question is:
X server starts, but no display. Would that means the X server doesn't
support it or the video card has problem?

Thanks in advance.

--

Alan Watt, Manager of Operations
Destiny Software   1100 E Hector Street #230  Conshohocken PA 19428

Trident 3D Image 975 AGP video cards

Post by Matthew Dornquas » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have the PCI version and latest Xfree86 and I too can't get the darn thing
to work.  I thought I read something about needing an accurate "Chipset"
command in the config but I haven't figured that out yet.

-Matthew