3D Banshee Video Card Problem... help?

Post by Grail Knigh » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Just know if someone could point me in the right direction...?

Running RedHat Linux 6.0 (Kernal 2.2.15 ??? or something, cant remember
right now, sorry)

Trying to get the Creative 3D Banshee to run right, only problem is that
under Linux the refresh rates arent tabled for my monitor (V Sync, H Sync),
does anyone know of a program that will allow me to caculate the rates and
manually set the rates for my monitor - the utils programs that came with
RH6.0 haven't worked - (the monitor just drops in and out all the time)

Any help appreciated indeed, a point in the right direction?

Regards, Grail Knight

3D Banshee Video Card Problem... help?

Post by Steve Wald » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Grail Knight wrote

Quote:

> Trying to get the Creative 3D Banshee to run right, ...
> ...refresh rates arent tabled for my monitor (V Sync, H Sync),

I just manually edited /etc/X11/XF86Config.
There's a line where you can enter HorizSync, and another for VertRefresh. I had
originally told XConfigurator to set up my monitor as a standard SVGA monitor.
After I installed the Banshee drivers and edited the XF86Config file it worked
fine.
I guess there's another program you can try called xf86config. I think it has a
way to set up those values, too.
--Steve

3D Banshee Video Card Problem... help?

Post by Steve Wald » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I wrote

Quote:> I guess there's another program you can try called xf86config.
> I think it has a way to set up those values, too.

The program I was really thinking of is called XF86Setup.
--Steve

3D Banshee Video Card Problem... help?

Post by Gerry Ch » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Here it is:
http://glide.xxedgexx.com/3DfxRPMS_vb_glibc.html

1. Can't change video resolutions for 3D Blaster Banshee Video Card

Does anyone know how I can change the resolution of my 3D Blaster
Banshee Video Card in Linux? I've been struggling with this problem for
a while now. The resolution by default was set very high after I
downloaded the 3D Blaster Banshee Linux Driver from Creative
(XF_Banshee_1.01.tar.gz.
    I already tried to run Xconfigurator but my video card was not in
the list so I chose the Unlisted Option. However, I could find the
chipset that I have in the next list which is the Banshee Chipset. Now
that I was unable to find the proper hardware that I had in
Xconfigurator I'm unable to proceed to change resolutions.
    I called Linux support but they weren't much help and I just found
out that Creative does not support this driver. If anyone here has had
the same problem and has resolved it, please contact me. I really want
to know how I can solve this.

Thanks for Reading

2. DSL sharing on home LAN?

3. 3d voodoo banshee-- gateway 450 video card

4. SUMWconn pkg

5. Creative Banshee 2D/3D Video Card Driver

6. Solaris Backup

7. Creative Labs Banshee 3D video Card

8. Keeping an RPC server alive

9. Help w. Video Card- Voodoo Banshee