Microsoft game voice, voice over IP?

Post by scot » Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:11:52

I have this nifty piece of gear that is really handy for *,
but it only works under windows.  Is anybody here familiar
with this device or with voice over IP?  I realize that 100%
functionality may be too much especiallyconsidering
Microsoft doesnt want to acknowledge that there is lifebeyond
Windows.  I would really like to abandon Windoze.  I've been
flirting with Linux, BEOS, and FreeBSD for the past year and a half and
it's getting to the point where I dread booting Windoze.  I am a huge
gamer and unfortunately Linux doesn't support all of my favorite games.

Post by Glitc » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:05:26

> I have this nifty piece of gear that is really handy for *,
> but it only works under windows.  Is anybody here familiar
> with this device

'this device' being what?  It probably doesn't matter b/c it probably
isn't supported but u might want to be a little more specific next time.

Quote:> or with voice over IP?

VoIP is becoming popular and very well supported under Linux and is
always getting better.
Quote:>  I realize that 100%
> functionality may be too much especiallyconsidering
> Microsoft doesnt want to acknowledge that there is lifebeyond
> Windows.  I would really like to abandon Windoze.  I've been
> flirting with Linux, BEOS, and FreeBSD for the past year and a half and
> it's getting to the point where I dread booting Windoze.  I am a huge
> gamer and unfortunately Linux doesn't support all of my favorite games.

1. Voice Modem Voice Mail Suggestion

I am wanting to use my linux machine as an answering machine and fax answer.
I need a suggestion on what modem to get prefferably cheap that has good
voice support in linux...   also some suggestions on software would be good.
I eventually want to be able to check my voice mail over the web if there is
anything out there to do that... or simplify it.

Thanks,

David Cowan

2. WTB: Solaris PowerPC

3. Any voice mail apps for Sportster 28.8 Voice Mail modem?

4. Groups and Directories...Newbie

5. mgetty+voice on a USR Sportster 33.6 Voice Internal?

6. Problem with a spea mirage card

7. Looking for voice modem that can dial while already connected (in voice mode)

8. Sub logins from anonymous FTP

9. Sidewinder Game Voice Behind Firewall

10. MS Game Voice hosting in linux?

11. Opening Ports for Sidewinder Game Voice

12. IPTables with BattleCom game voice software problem

13. voicechat 0.40 beta - voice chat via TCP/IP