Joystick in Linux

Post by Brady Bonnett » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi all!  I have a question that hopefully someone out there knows the
answer to.

Ok, Im wanting to get my joystick set up in Linux (kernel 2.0.35).  The
joystick is a PantherXL (made by MadCatz), but the only downside right
now I can see is that the joystick has 17 buttons.  =(  Im wanting to
use it for GLQuake and GLQuakeWorld.  How would one go about installing
ANYTHING for a joystick?  hehe

Also, it seems like the joystick commands in quake have been taken out.
Like, for instance, in the Windows version, you could type:  "joystick
1" to turn it on.  In the Linux version, when you type "joystick" it
says "Invalid command".  Im hoping that its just quake taking out the
commands because it didnt detect a joystick, or its maybe another
command..  I hope. heheh

I went to the manufacturer's site, and they didnt list anything about
the Panther XL in Linux.  I e-mailed them, and will probably get a
response within the next week or so.  They probably think that Windows
is the only * environment around (heh).

Any help would be greately appreciated!
Thanks again,

1. Joystick support with PS joystick

I have two PS joystick and my soundcard is AC'97 sound chip on board.
My linux distrio is debian 2.2 and my kernel is 2.2.19.
My sound card works well under linux.

I have tried the setting as follow
# modprobe joystick
this step seems OK.
# modprobe joy-console js_console=0x378,6,6,0,0,0
but it didn't work. Error msg: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect
module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

My /dev are as follow

/dev/js0 c 13, 0
/dev/js1 c 13, 1
/dev/js2 c 13, 2
/dev/js3 c 13, 3

Thanks a lot

2. RS/6000 Tuning (with black paint)

3. Joystick support -- Error, no joysticks found

4. Another ufsdump question

5. Sherlock linux plug-ins / sherlock for linux?

6. dsl, freebsd, same question

7. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

8. root crontab file for 2.5 x86

9. Errors compiling Wingz 1.4 Add-ins (Linux 1.3.99, GCC 2.6)

10. Linux and Dial-ins (?)

11. netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz for Netscape 6.1 ppc?

12. Netscape plug-ins under Linux

13. how to use plug-ins in navigator-linux?