Looking for PCI video card advice

Post by Acme » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

I'm currently using a PCI Rendition V1000 card; it's supported by XFree86,
but only as a non accelerated card (the V1000 is a very sharp but rather
slow SVGA card).  I'd appreciate any advice you can offer regarding PCI
video card performance under XFree86 (I'm running Slackware 3.5 but have
upgraded the X software).  Requirements are:

   -- PCI
   -- cheap ($100 or less)
   -- better than the V1000 I have
   -- sharp
   -- accelerated under XFree86

Candidates are a TNT-based card or one of the ATI Rage cards, along with -
possibly - a Matrox card; Win95 and * are a consideration.

Thanks for your advice!

1. looking for advice on a 3.3V PCI video input card

hi,

i am looking for a pointer to a 3.3V PCI card for taking NTSC/PAL
video input. the computer i am using is a server motherboard that only
has 3.3V PCI slots. i am looking for a video decoder card (video input
card) that has at 2 or more RCA or BNC style jacks on the back and is
also 3.3V PCI rather than 5V PCI. linux support would be most
excellent. if anyone has any suggestions/advice, please drop me an

thanks.

2. How to make Linux to Win2000 network work?

3. Looking for advice on 155mbit PCI cards for PPP over SONET

4. Strange net card and Linux

5. Video Cards for X -- I'm looking for some advice/suggestions

6. Operating system not found

7. PCI Video card advice

8. anonymous ftp server with admi account over ldap

9. Looking for Trident 9440 AGI/SMT PCI-video-card setup information.

10. WTD: Sound card/video card advice

11. look for apg8x, video in, 128Mb, linux compat gamers video card

12. On-Board video vs PCI video card: can linux recognize?

13. I find PCI video grabber(or video capture card) supporting Linux