linux with WD 1GB harddrive

Post by Wenlin Hsie » Sun, 26 Feb 1995 02:55:49

I suppose this should be a FAQ but I couldn't find the answer in
the linux FAQ. I have a 486 66MHz with two hard drives. The first
hard drive is a Western Digital 1G HD (as my C:\ under DOS), the second
one is also Western Digital HD with only 250M. The second HD is where
I put Linux. Now, when I try to access the files under DOS, Linux won't
let me do so. It complains about the cylinders (2100 for the 1G HD). Also
If I don't use boot disk to bootup, the linux don't let me run setup for
the same reason. What I don't understand is that I have my linux
installed on the 250M HD why does linux want to access the 1G HD when I
do the setup? Has this problems been solved yet? Please share your experences
with me. Thanks!!

Wen-Lin Hsieh

1. Is a WD 1GB HD supported in Linux?

I currently have a WD Caviar 540 HD, and am getting an additional WD
1GIG IDE drive (also a Caviar).  Is there built in compatibility in
the kernel (im using 1.1.89 currently) for the WD GIG IDE drive?  I
just want to make sure it is before i purchase one.  Thank you!!

--
Scotty Boyles a.k.a RollerbladeMan!!!

BA - '97
MOD 23

2. Log rotation and virtual hosts

3. Walnut Creek 1.0.9/W.D. 31000 1GB Drive

4. Q:How to configure SCO ODT 3.0 for Token Ring LAN ?

5. Installation help with Gateway P90 w/1GB WD IDE drive

6. Number 9 GRX pro problems

7. Setup hangs up with 1GB WD. Help!

8. Will GNUtella kills off Yahoo and the likes?

9. Need Help with WD 1GB IDE Drive

10. WD 1Gb

11. Plato MB w/ WD 1GB PIO mode questions/problems

12. WD 1GB drive on VLB controller and Diamond Stealth 24VLB