Problems with Media Vision 8/16 sound card w/ SCSI

Problems with Media Vision 8/16 sound card w/ SCSI

Post by Egbert_Jan_van_den_Bussc » Sun, 16 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I'm posting this for a friend without net access.
He wants to use his Media Vision 8/16 soundcard with SCSI controller (Future
Domain) under LINUX. Connected is a NEC 2Xi CD Player. When he tells the
system (during startup) that there is a tmc 8xx at 0x220 IRQ 5, he gets the
reply SCSI:1 completed.
When he wants to mount the device using :
mount -nrt iso9660 /dev/cdrom
the following error appears:
ll_rw_block : trying to read non-existent block device 0B00 (32)
iso fs_read_super : bread failed, dev 0xb00 iso_blknum 16

mount : wrong fs type, /dev/cdrom already mounted, busy or other error.

He is running SNOW 2.2. Anyone who knows the right settings and/or drivers for
this card??? He has just started with Linux, so it might well be something
simple...

THANKS Egbert Jan (for Peter Huysse)

Problems with Media Vision 8/16 sound card w/ SCSI

Post by Bill J. Lew » Fri, 21 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>He wants to use his Media Vision 8/16 soundcard with SCSI controller
>(Future Domain) under LINUX. Connected is a NEC 2Xi CD Player.
>reply SCSI:1 completed.
>When he wants to mount the device using :
>mount -nrt iso9660 /dev/cdrom
>the following error appears:
>ll_rw_block : trying to read non-existent block device 0B00 (32)
>iso fs_read_super : bread failed, dev 0xb00 iso_blknum 16
>mount : wrong fs type, /dev/cdrom already mounted, busy or other error.

I have also just started with Linux.  I'm using the Slackware distribution
that comes with the "Special Edition: Using Linux" book from QUE.  I was
able to install Linux from my CD-ROM just fine but now I can not access the
CD-ROM at all under Linux.

One difference is that I don't have any SCSI controllers and my CD-ROM is a
Sony 33A.  I selected the Sony CD-ROM drivers during the install.

Any ideas, drivers, or pointers on how to get this thing working?

1. Media Vision ProSonic 16 sound card SCSI driver?

Has anyone had any luck getting the SCSI port to work on a Media Vision
ProSonic 16 sound card?  I would like to get my SCSI CD player to work
with FreeBSD and would rather not buy another SCSI adapter.  I'm
currently running FreeBSD 2.2.

The card has a Future Domain 9C50 SCSI chip on it with IO_MEM C8000 and
IRQ 11.   I tried setting the seagate sea0 device to these addresses
(it supports some Future Domain controllers), but the probe was not able
to find the device.

If you have gotten this adapter to work, please let me know how you did
it.  If you have any programmers information about this adapter or about
the FD 9C50 chip I would appreciate this information so I can try to
modify the seagate.c driver to work with this controller.

Thanks for any help...

Digital Equipment Corporation
All opinions expressed are my own and should
not be assumed to be the opinion of my employer

2. 2.5.21 drivers/net/hamradio/soundmodem/gentbl needs -lm

3. Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 sound card

4. Help with recommending FreeBSD compatible motherboard please

5. MEDIA Vision Jazz 16 Sound CARD Help

6. simple question: making mysql

7. Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 SCSI

8. .bashrc confusion

9. FreeBSD with Media Vision ProSonic sound/scsi card

10. Linux + Media Vision MMPRO16 (Jazz 16)

11. Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

12. Help: Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16

13. ? Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card