USROBOTICS Professional Message modem compatible with Mandrake 6.0 ?

USROBOTICS Professional Message modem compatible with Mandrake 6.0 ?

Post by antoine magnie » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

?

thanks for answers

                                Antoine Magnier

                                   0616607294

"A huit heures du soir, toutes les grosses usines qui se connectaient au
reseau faisaient aussi fluctuer le courant. La realite etait la: Peugeot
faisait changer nos tempos."
Ralf Hutter / Kraftwerk

USROBOTICS Professional Message modem compatible with Mandrake 6.0 ?

Post by QuestionExchang » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Sorry, this answer is in English.
The Professional Message Modem 81-XX5625-00 (uk, france,
germany) can connect to the PC using a serial cable.  As far as
I know, US Robotics external modems that are connected via a
serial port are compatible with Linux (unlike many internal
winmodems, and probably some external USB modems).
I was unable to find any information on this modem at the Linux
Modem Compatability Knowledge Base:
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
Randy
Quote:

>                      Antoine Magnier

>        0616607294

Quote:

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=5101&cus...