Mandrake driver for Aztech/Smartlink AMR modem?

Post by Davi » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:22:04

> The computer is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 600 and came with an internal
> modem. I believe it's what goes under the name of "Winmodem" or "Audio
> modem riser" card, and the one in question is a Smartlink/Aztech
> CNR-2800 W (http://www.aztech.com.sg/products/cnr2800.htm).

> I've been told that it won't work under Linux, but I have actually found
> several drivers here and there for Linux, so I'm still hoping.....

The mfg. has a Linux driver for it at this link.

http://www.aztech.com.sg/driver/modem_amrcnr.htm

--
Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
Registered with The Linux Counter.  http://counter.li.org/

Post by Davi » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:59:21

> Yes, I know. I checked out the rest of the site which I gave the URL for
> in my previous message ;-)

> But if it involves compiling and other complicated programming/"hacker"
> type stuff I'm at loss. I'll give the driver downloaded from the above
> site a go, but if it's more than double-clicking to install I really
> need help. Preferrably hear from someone who's used this modem with
> Linux and knows it works.

Ok make a directory to unpack the package into.

mkdir  builddir
cd builddir
mv /path/to/package  .  # notice the dot at the end
unzip  package-name.zip

Since you are using Mandrake you can use the rpm package that was
created to install it.

rpm -Uhv name-of.rpm

I haven't read any of the documents on configuring it and don't
use Mandrake but you could try running the modem configuration
tool whatever it's called.

--
Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
Registered with The Linux Counter.  http://counter.li.org/
Slackware 9.0 Kernel 2.4.21 i686 (GCC) 3.3
Uptime: 18 days, 12:03, 1 user, load average: 1.17, 1.18, 1.17

1. Modem Riser AMR Aztech MR2800-w installation

Hi,
I have the Linux-Mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.4.3
I have an AMR riser modem called Aztech MR2800-w
I've installed the driver that I've found on SmartLink site,
and all seems to work but... when I try to connect with kppp
it tells me that the modem is busy. So I've changed the port of the modem
and
try "/dev/modem" instead of "/dev/tty3" (or something like this) but there
always
the message "modem busy".
So I've tried to launch manually the driver by typing "./load_slmdm" as
the manual says. But nothing to do, always "modem busy" message appears.
I don't know what to do, and I am not  practice in kernel compiling.

Thanks in advance.
Galerio

2. Help: slackware nfs install problem

3. Perl RPM and the disasters it brings

4. Newbie help: Aztech AMR modem Have RPMs but not working

5. SOUND HELP

6. problem running smartlink modem driver deamon (slmodemd)

7. Software RAID1, RedHat 8.0 and fdisk

8. Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?

9. AMR modem driver

10. How to solve gcc2 vs gcc3 conflict when installing PCTel AMR HSP56 modem driver?

11. Aztech DSL Turbo 100U USB modem driver