Sound Blaster CD-ROM SCR-830 Is Not Recognised by Caldera 1.2

Sound Blaster CD-ROM SCR-830 Is Not Recognised by Caldera 1.2

Post by Ebyrne » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have a Dell 486 with a PnP Sound Blaster CD-ROM (8x) Model SCR-830.
However, when I install Caldera 1.2 onto the system the operating
system will only recognise the hardrive and not the CD-ROM drive. I
tried mounting additional modules but no luck. Would greatly
appreciate any help.

Best Regards,

Sound Blaster CD-ROM SCR-830 Is Not Recognised by Caldera 1.2

Post by ebyrne » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone help:)

>I have a Dell 486 with a PnP Sound Blaster CD-ROM (8x) Model SCR-830.
>However, when I install Caldera 1.2 onto the system the operating
>system will only recognise the hardrive and not the CD-ROM drive. I
>tried mounting additional modules but no luck. Would greatly
>appreciate any help.

>Best Regards,

Sound Blaster CD-ROM SCR-830 Is Not Recognised by Caldera 1.2

Post by ebyrne » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Would greatly appreciate any help to help solve my problem:)

>Can anyone help:)

>>I have a Dell 486 with a PnP Sound Blaster CD-ROM (8x) Model SCR-830.
>>However, when I install Caldera 1.2 onto the system the operating
>>system will only recognise the hardrive and not the CD-ROM drive. I
>>tried mounting additional modules but no luck. Would greatly
>>appreciate any help.

>>Best Regards,

1. Running Creative Lab's SAMSUNG SCR-830 REV BC31

Anyone:

The SAMSUNG SCR-830 REV BC31 is an 8x IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM Drive that cannot be
detected by the Slackware Distribution of Linux.  It can run from
DOS/Windows but not from Linux.  I had to copy the setup files from the CD
to the hard drive and install Linux from there.

Can anyone help me do a workaround for this problem?

Another thing is that I use a Matrox Mystique display adapter.  Does
anybody know if there's an available driver for Linux?  I have to use the
settings for a plain Jane generic VGA adapter.

Thanks for any help!

A budding Linux User

2. Logitech Track Man 3-Button (PS/2) and Metro-X <Getting closer I think>

3. Sound Blaster CD-ROM not recognized

4. where is libipc.a ??? Needed for dosemu 0.49..

5. Recognizing a Sound Blaster CD-ROM

6. ISDN probs: Dial into Linux w/ 3Com Office Connect and NAT

7. Slackware won't recognize Sound Blaster 16 CD-ROM

8. Boot partition error :((

9. FREE Caldera OpenLinux Lite 1.2 CD-ROM

10. Sound Blaster 16 CD-ROM not found ...

11. Sound Blaster 16 CD-ROM not found ....

12. CD-ROM not recognized - RH 5.2/MAD 16 Sound Card

13. Sound Blaster w/SCSI CD not recognized