eMachines eView montior

Post by Jim Johnso » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I can't get RedHat 6.2 to use my eMachines eView 15 inch monitor in any
resolution other than 16 bpp 640 x 480. When on a Windows box, the monitor
is capable of going to 24 bpp, 1024 x 768. During setup, it was reported as
an Unknown monitor. Running at this resolution is pretty much useless.

Being new to Linux, could someone lend a hand? Has anyone tried using a
monitor of this type and if so, what are the settings to use in the Monitor
configuration file?

Thanks,

Jim Johnson

eMachines eView montior

Post by Chuc » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Try running Xconfigurator.
If that doesn't work, ask again.
-Chuck