Evergreen CPU Pentium 100->330 MHz upgrade is Linux compatible?

Evergreen CPU Pentium 100->330 MHz upgrade is Linux compatible?

Post by Philippe Sonne » Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00

Hi,

I am considering upgrading my old Pentium 100 with an Evergreen Technologies
Spectra 333 processor upgrade. Does anyone have an idea if it is possible to
run Linux on a PC upgraded this way?

Many thanks,

Philippe SONNET

Laboratoire de Pdologie
Departement des sciences du milieu
et
de l'amnagement du territoire
Facult des sciences agronomiques
Universit Catholique de Louvain

Post by Byron A Je » Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00

>Hi,

>I am considering upgrading my old Pentium 100 with an Evergreen Technologies
>Spectra 333 processor upgrade. Does anyone have an idea if it is possible to
>run Linux on a PC upgraded this way?

I've never seen anything from evergreen that was price competitive. When you
can simply replace the MB, Memory, and RAM for less than $200 US why bother?

And yes Linux should run on it just fine. What is the price?

BAJ

1. Wanted:Advice on 100 MHZ Pentium System for LINUX

I'm getting ready to buy a complete 100 MHZ system. I will not run LINUX
exclusively but want to be able to.

1.  Is it OK to get an EIDE hard disk controller that supports mode 4.
Does it need to be separate from the MB? Or should I go SCSI?

2.Is it OK to use the new MB's that use the new type of chips with cache
built-in.  somethin do?

3. Is the Diamond Stealth 64 with VRAM OK or should I ge the ATI board?

4.  Any othe r hardware conflicts with CD ROMS or whatever??

TIA

- Bob

2. My network plans with DSL...

3. Linux Crash&Burn on 300 MHz K6/II 100 MHz Motherboard??!!

4. finding .xinitrc on RH5.0

5. Matrox Millenium II AGP and compatible 100 Mhz motherboards

6. newbie question

7. Pentium 100 MHz Triton PCI - Kernel Panic 1.2.8

8. quitting X (how?) and losing usb mouse

9. PII CPU at 100 MHz FSB

10. Evergreen CPU upgrades & Linux??

11. CPUs supporting 100 MHz FSB?

12. Help: Need CPU time on Pentium 200 MHz running Linux.

13. Segmentation error : AMD K6-II ( 400 MHz ), 64 MB SDRAM ( 100 MHz )