Wireless Intellimouse Explorer

Post by Gunther Herman » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 04:15:35

Hi

has anyone got the wireless USB Intellimouse Explorer working
under Linux ?

After loading all necessary USB modules, the mouse is recognized,
even under X when using protocol IMPS/2.

Problem is: scrolling/clicking doesn't work properly,
moving the mouse in left-right direction moves the cursor
up/down, clicking moves it right etc.

Some kind of mapping seems to be missing, but I don't know how
to fix it. Do you ?

Thanks for taking the time
Gunther

Post by Dave Carriga » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 05:02:02

> has anyone got the wireless USB Intellimouse Explorer working
> under Linux ?

Yes.

Quote:> After loading all necessary USB modules, the mouse is recognized,
> even under X when using protocol IMPS/2.

I use ExplorerPS/2.

Quote:> Problem is: scrolling/clicking doesn't work properly,
> moving the mouse in left-right direction moves the cursor
> up/down, clicking moves it right etc.

I had this problem and determined that it was caused by having the
usbmouse driver loaded instead of (or in addition to) the hid and
mousedev drivers. The problem was that hotplug wanted to load both
because they were both compiled as modules. I rm'ed usbmouse.o, and the
mouse started working perfectly, and now I don't compile my kernels with
usbmouse support, so it'll never install a usbmouse.o again.

--

UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | shuffled closer to the CLAM DIP
Seattle, WA, USA                            | with the BROKEN PLASTIC FORKS in

Post by Gunther Herman » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 05:58:36

> > has anyone got the wireless USB Intellimouse Explorer working
> > under Linux ?

> Yes.

> > After loading all necessary USB modules, the mouse is recognized,
> > even under X when using protocol IMPS/2.

> I use ExplorerPS/2.

Wouldn't work with my installation (RH 7.1 with Kernel 2.4.9), mouse
get's jumpy. But doesn't matter, see below.

Quote:> > Problem is: scrolling/clicking doesn't work properly,
> > moving the mouse in left-right direction moves the cursor
> > up/down, clicking moves it right etc.

> I had this problem and determined that it was caused by having the
> usbmouse driver loaded instead of (or in addition to) the hid and
> mousedev drivers. The problem was that hotplug wanted to load both
> because they were both compiled as modules. I rm'ed usbmouse.o, and the
> mouse started working perfectly, and now I don't compile my kernels with
> usbmouse support, so it'll never install a usbmouse.o again.

Great! Tried the way you point out and it works. After getting
usbmouse.o out of the way, the mouse runs smoothly with IMPS/2
protocol under X. Wow, this saved me *lots* of trouble. BIG thanks
to you, Dave!
> --

> UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | shuffled closer to the CLAM DIP
> Seattle, WA, USA                            | with the BROKEN PLASTIC FORKS in
> http://www.rudedog.org/                     | it!!

1. X & MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer

Is there any way to make it work under X (4.1.0) ? All I got is up and down
and the cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen.
That mice is wireless and optical, plus wheel and two side buttons. I don't
care the the additional buttons and the wheel, all I want is 'just' a mouse
able to go up and down AND left and right with three buttons.
I'm running a Mandrake 8.1. Mousedrake didn't help (well, to tell the truth,
I reselected 'usb wheel' and at my second attempt, it did work... until I
rebooted).

Any help greatly appreciated

Thank you

Eric

2. Help with setting up POP3 server

3. MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer

4. ASUS P55T2P4/AMD K6-2-350 - Summary

5. Definitive HowTo for Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Mouse?

6. removing users?

7. Wireless Intellimouse Explorer no work

8. Simple module question?

9. Intellimouse Explorer setup possible???

10. Micrsoft IntelliMouse Explorer

11. USB Intellimouse Explorer setup

12. Intellimouse Explorer

13. IntelliMouse Explorer USB on kernel 2.6.2?