NetGear FA411 Ethernet drivers

Post by Ron McClell » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 13:09:51

I have had several inquiries about my posting from July regarding
availability of these drivers.  I had no luck in getting the card to
work, and instead exchanged it for a Linksys PCMPC200 v2, which works
beautifully with the tulip driver provided with RH 7.1 .  I am now
using Debian Potato with no problems there, either.

Thanks,
Ron McClellan

Post by Eric P. McC » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 13:24:54

> I have had several inquiries about my posting from July regarding
> availability of these drivers.  I had no luck in getting the card to
> work, and instead exchanged it for a Linksys PCMPC200 v2, which works
> beautifully with the tulip driver provided with RH 7.1 .  I am now
> using Debian Potato with no problems there, either.

Huh?  I have a Netgear 411FX (TX?) and it worked just fine out of the
box - supported by pcnet_cs in the 2.4 kernel line, no modifications.

We're talking about the PCMCIA card with the built-in RJ45 jack,
right?  (That's the FA411, I have the box right here in front of me.)

--

"I woke up this morning and realized what the game needed: pirates,
pimps, and gay furries."  - Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka

1. Netgear FA411 ethernet pcmcia card won't run in RH 7.1

Help!?

I am a newbie so be gentle ;)
I have a Toshiba Satellite 110CS on which I have installed RH 7.1.  I have
a Netgear FA411 ethernet card (says on box it is supported by Linux, haha)
and I can't get it to run.  I was able to install RH 7.0 at first and was
able (with help of a friend) to use the pcmcia card to download the
contents of both RH 7.1 cds and installed an upgrade to 7.1.  As soon as we
completed the installation we could never again get the card to work.
Everytime the machine boots up I get an error when it comes to "Bringing up
interface eth0" it fails and says Insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused
by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters"

I have tried using tsetup (toshiba laptop cmos setup) to change the
external serial port to Com2, Com3 etc and finally disabled to prevent any
potential interrupt conflicts.  I have spent a couple of days researching
this on the net and with my friend and still have not found an answer.  If
anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

Darin
--
If you want to reply by email just  lose the  n-o-s-p-a-m

2. escaping space at wordsplitting

3. Netgear FA411 drivers for RedHat 7.1?

4. Network Connection

5. Netgear FA411 PCMCIA 10/100 Network Driver?

6. mail -s broken & setting up lpd / lprNG on InfoMagic Slakware April '97

7. Netgear FA411 Problems

8. Generating HTML Web Pages from old style C/C++

9. Tips on Using Netgear FA411 PCMCIA Network Card with Slackware

10. NetGear FA411 network card on freebsd 4.4

11. "Bringing up interface eth0" fails on Netgear FA411 pcmcia

12. RH 7.3 install on laptop and Netgear Ethernet driver Repost:

13. Driver for Netgear FA120 USB2 ethernet